To be updated on the current CLC plans, please sign up to the Quartz newsletter. The upcoming dates are e-mailed to those on the list, you can also find them at the bottom of this page.
People involved in Quartz have been meeting as a housegroup under the working title of “Christian Life Community” or “CLC”. These are inspired by Ignatian Spirituality. We take turns to lead and host the evenings.
We meet regularly in small groups to pray and share, supporting one another through the ups and downs of ordinary life. In listening to one another we grow to understand ourselves, deepen our relationship with God and discover more clearly how each one of us is uniquely called to respond to God’s love.
The general format for the evening will be roughly
– The default is from the S.E.C. lectionary from the Sunday before the meeting, but leaders are free to choose other readings and inspiration for reflection.
– Each leader will encourage participants to try a technique such as “Lectio Divina”, a craft technique, music, or something else they have found helpful.
Small sharing group time
– A chance to simply talk with trusted others about what is going on in your spiritual life
Posts on the theme of CLC and Ignation Spirituality…
- CLC meetingsOur Quartz housegroup meetings in April, May and June CLC will meet at Simon and Kates house 7.30 till 9.00pm. The saints days listed below are for general interest only! The leader of each meeting is encouraged to take us where the Holy Spirit inspires them. April – 24th (St George of Lydda c 303AD, … Read more
- Time for reflectionTruth and beauty, Wigtown, Sunday 6.20 am
- WordsketchingQuartz has been using Haiku this weekend as part of the Wordsmith Crafts CiC setup at Kirkcudbright Art and Crafts trail. The following is taken from notes written by Kate, who has been leading this activity. We have been giving people a space to stop. The whole of Kirkcudbright becomes a walking trail and on … Read more
- Quartz Lent 7/3/22The next Quartz lent meeting will be one of contemplative reflection. This basically means that people can talk, and be actively listened too, but it isn’t a time for critical bible study or deep rational analysis. This balances up the other Lent meetings where we will by exploring set questions and discussion to work out … Read more
- CLC Monday the 7th of FebYesterday evening the Quartz Christian Life Community met up. We discussed what was going on in our lives, and spent time listening to God. To us do this Andy had chosen a reading, prepared some prayers, and provided a reflection/response activity. The passage chosen was Isaiah ch.6 vs 1-8 . The prayers were inspired by … Read more